Drudgery

wDrudgery
hold me closer,
let me be...
hold me closer,
let me go away...

BUT WHO AM I?


wArchives:


-- HOME --


wpeople are people

shipwrecked
fidget and murmur
flown into the night
undoubtedly a girl
ct suicide
aruchi queen
call it pointless
10:24
in between panels
nowhereville
screwed up li'l angel
shoot me up, baby!
it takes two to tango
ScorpionSyrup
tambucho tales
mad cow
urban dreamer
bliss personified!
GX Superstar






This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wMonday, May 07, 2001


Drat mood swings. Lately I've been so depressed & high-strung lately that I've decided to lie low with my offline social affairs for a week. I thought it would help & somehow it did. Of course I couldn't help feeling guilty so I tried to break the ice. But then here I am, curling back into my isolating shell... I've learned a couple of handful of things anyway, so I guess it's all worth it. I dunno if I should take pride in my being ultra-sensitive lately with current affairs, after years of being apathetic; however, I am. The recent EDSA 3 revolution, which turned out to be a mockery of the real essence of the Philippine people power, was utterly, movingly pathetic. And it saddened me to re-realize the harshness of Life to less-endowed people. Maybe because I feel deprived as well, so I have no choice but to empathize. I remember in this local public forum show that one anti-poverty movement leader who was on the Administration's arrest list for inciting rebellion against the State made his point loud & clear on national television. He stated how yes, the indigent are being looked down upon as stupid, filthy, "bayaran", "mukhang pera" & "patay-gutom" (who'd do anything crappy for money or for even a single meal) by the pro-Administration group. Because of these labels, of such cited differences, the poor is just not worthy to be heeded or anything. They can't make a stand unlike those from the stock market, private schools, government offices, private companies, NGO's, & the like. How cruel & unfair can that be?

(MOTD) = Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings

posted by Andalusia at 5/07/2001 09:15:00 AM


*