Drudgery

wDrudgery
hold me closer,
let me be...
hold me closer,
let me go away...

BUT WHO AM I?


wArchives:


-- HOME --


wpeople are people

shipwrecked
fidget and murmur
flown into the night
undoubtedly a girl
ct suicide
aruchi queen
call it pointless
10:24
in between panels
nowhereville
screwed up li'l angel
shoot me up, baby!
it takes two to tango
ScorpionSyrup
tambucho tales
mad cow
urban dreamer
bliss personified!
GX Superstar






This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wMonday, November 29, 2004



clutter
Originally uploaded by shdwphyre.

So much for keeping a supposed girl's room. I didn't bother to fix the rest of the background — what you see is what you get. Here's two of my latest acquisitions (from different people) — the seasonal bouquet (which obviously I couldn't give justice to in this shot) & a neat Dinga pillow (from Kathz last Tuesday). I knew I should've taken a picture of the last bunch of flowers I received (for my birthday), which came in a lovely peach & pink array.

Finally I've done most of what I wanted to accomplish, & finished (as well as enjoyed) a whole lot of other things in the process (like paying the proverbial household bills with my brother), so I probably can relax a bit now. As Veronique Vienne once put it, "a measure of happiness is how often we sigh at ease".

Speaking of which, I might as well quote her further (what I've always been wanting to do but keep forgetting!) because I love silly, pour femme books that help enrich my tarot reading & keep me sane by justifying my quirks at the same time:


"Some of the best thinking we do happens when the conscious mind is on a sabbatical.

"Isaac Newton figured out the law of universal gravitation when sitting under a tree.

"Ben Franklin invented the lightning rod while flying a kite.

"Thomas Edison came up with the lightbulb filament while idly rolling kerosene residue between his fingers.

"Albert Einstein pondered the riddle of the universe with a cat on his lap.

"So don't get up yet. Contribute to science. Stay prone as long as you can.

"Erosion is a slow process, but it's a creative one. It's how the earth chisels mountains, carves canyons, makes sand dunes, & subdivides continents... Don't be afraid to wear down what's on the surface of ordinary life in order to expose the rock bottom of your feelings."
Ooh, how Zen! :D Drudgery is good all along. Like I always say, sometimes my mind is clearest while I'm worked up washing the dishes or watering the plants or organizing my school notes. Or even with just a big spoiled cat named Sophie on my lap.

(MOTD) = Default - Wasting My Time

posted by Andalusia at 11/29/2004 09:30:00 AM


*